Scope and General Purpose of Job:
The Leasing Specialist is responsible for leasing activities of assigned properties within their assigned region, to meet and exceed established targets and objectives. They are responsible for leading the leasing experience on site and delivering the Del Condominium Rentals standard of customer service in the leasing process. Leasing Specialists will work in close partnership with the Site Managers to build relationships with current and future clients and support business development in the areas of market research, marketing strategies and vacancy rates to ensure site profitability.
Leasing Manager/ Supervisor
1. Reconfirm suite showings and return phone calls in a timely manner
2. Co-ordinate with the Leasing Coordinators to optimize the bookings and manage the calendar efficiently
3. Monitor email inquiries and respond accordingly and in a timely manner
4. Coordinate and implement an active open-house program
5. Collaborate with the marketing and revenue management team in order to optimize use of media, trends, use of advertising channels, demographics, etc
6. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of product, including availability of suite types and layouts, common areas and amenities of the buildings and value added services provided, and act as a resource interdepartmentally as a subject matter expert on the property. Must have knowledge of the Bylaws, Declarations and the Condo rules for buildings in the portfolio.
7. Negotiate terms of lease for highest return to the Owners, including such items as space, basic and percentage rent, term of lease, extra charges, etc
8. Ensure that PAP details are provided when the Tenancy Agreement is completed and signed by the new resident and that the deposit is paid
9. Following up on all paperwork as necessary and ensuring that accurate and up to date information is available for entry into relevant database programs. Following up on tenant insurance as part of the rental process.
10. Report to the maintenance department if a suite is not “rent ready” and initiates preparation of tenant space
11. Further support efforts to ensure resident satisfaction and service delivery through prompt service, ongoing communication and follow up.
12. Must ensure that the third keys are present prior to move ins
13. Report on vacancy and traffic on a weekly basis.
14. Conduct move in inspections with residents and also help orient them to the new suite
15. Maintain a working knowledge of competitive buildings and conduct quarterly pricing surveys of these properties.
16. Attend bi-weekly leasing meetings
17. Ensuring, as far as possible, that complaints and concerns are attended to speedily and satisfactorily.
18. Collect first and last month’s rent as well as access and remote deposit
1. To report for duty.
2. To represent Del Condominium Rentals in a professional manner
3. Understands and adheres to company policies, contract requirements, the Residential Tenancies Act, the Human Rights Code and all other legislation governing our business operations
4. Be familiar with the by-laws, rules and regulations of the property.
· Must possess minimum of 1 year of direct work experience in sales, leasing and negotiation
· Knowledge and understanding of Toronto Real Estate industry
· Must be fluent in English and able to communicate effectively (both oral and written)
· Second language is an added advantage
· Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
· Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines;
· Ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results;
· Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities,
· Results and detail oriented coupled with a professional demeanor
· Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships
· Ability to exercise confidentiality
· Ability to achieve goals using a strategic approach
· Must have strong closing skills - probes barriers and overcomes objections
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
· Must have access to a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license. (car allowance and gas card provided)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
Extended health care
Paid time off
Work from home
Leasing/ / sales/ negotiation: 1 year (Required)
G driver's (Required)
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity based in Toronto, Ontario, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.