Position: Senior paralegal
Term: Permanent full-time position
Company: Del Condominium Rentals Inc.
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Report to: Director of Operations
Del Condominium Rentals is currently seeking a Senior Paralegal to join our legal team. The right candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Landlord and Tenant Board environment. The successful candidate will be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team within a fast-paced environment and will bring a strong willingness to learn.
• Communicate with customers (i.e. Owner, Tenant and Contractors).
• Prepare legal documents, maintain records and files and conducts research.
• Ensure customers comply with their contractual obligation to Del Condominium Rentals Inc
• Manage staff direction of recovery activity on delinquent accounts
• Submit legal notice report to accounting for evictions
• Determine bad debt write off
• Supply eviction and abandon suite information upon occurrence
• Review application and contractual information
• Oversee assignment process
• Communicate commitment to Owners and Tenants
• Ensure maintenance of communications record with Owner and Tenants
• Review incident reports
• File for hearings and follow up with the LTB
• Manage correspond activity with Property Management and Concierge staff
• Condominium site visit to conduct investigation
• Represent DCRi at Landlord and Tenant board, Small Claims Court and divisional court resolve disputes
• Manage customer esca
• Cooperate within the team to assist with overflow, urgent deadlines and back-up coverage
Key Competencies Required:
• University degree an asset/ Paralegal License
• Community College Law Clerk Diploma, Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certificate (or equivalent), and/or Licensed Paralegal Degree
• Relevant experience in a similar role with knowledge of litigation legal procedures and statutes including familiarity with the Rules for various courts
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, Condominium Act and Courts of Justice Act
• Professional demeanor and strong organizational, investigative, fact-finding, and problem solving skills
• Strong critical analysis and writing skills
• Good judgment and initiative, with a demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail
• A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills for liaising with clients, lawyers and colleagues
• Ability to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative as required
• Ability to handle pressure and to remain calm in working within time constraints
• Availability to work extended hours when necessary
• Valid driver’s license
Car allowance/ Fuel allowance/ Company Mobile and Laptop
Please send your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.