Our Commitment To Your Privacy
This Privacy Statement has been adopted by Del in order to demonstrate our commitment to the protection of individual privacy. The following discloses the personal information collection, use and disclosure practices of Del.
For the purposes of this Statement, “personal information” means information that is personally identifiable to individuals.
HOW AND WHEN DEL COLLECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Del collects personal information in order to effectively manage residential units (including condominium units,
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY DEL
2. Del uses personal information that it collects to manage the rental of residential units, to communicate with individuals, and to understand individual needs and preferences.
Del may, from time to time, contact individuals by electronic format, regular mail or telephone for any of the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY DEL
3. Del will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When Del has received consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described at such time as personal information is collected;
- When Del, in good faith, believes the law permits or requires such disclosure;
- To its agents and professional advisors for the purpose of collection of rents, fees, realty taxes, common expenses and any other assessments or charges levied by condominium corporations and for the purpose of enforcement of agreements;
- To the particular condominium corporation, members of its Board of Directors and those attending a meeting of the Directors of the particular condominium corporation for the purpose of fulfilling its responsibilities as a rental management company;
- In the event that management of a particular residential unit is transferred to another management company, Del may disclose personal information of owners and tenants of such condominium property to such management company;
- In the event of the sale of Del, personal information may be one of the transferred business assets.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY DEL
4. At such time as personal information is no longer required for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or other statutory requirements, such personal information will be made anonymous or destroyed.
WEB SITES OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
6. Del has taken measures to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information as are appropriate in the circumstances. Personal information is stored in confidential databases and locations in the Greater Toronto Area. These sites have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under the care and control of Del. Any information transmitted via the Internet, however, may be intercepted by third parties. Del does not assume any liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet. Del employees are restricted from using and disclosing personal information collected by Del other than in accordance with this Statement.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
7. Individuals have the right to access, verify and correct or amend all of their personal information collected by Del. Del believes that it is imperative that personal information be as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. Accordingly, to help Del keep personal information as current as possible, Del encourages individuals to amend inaccuracies and make corrections in their personal information collected by Del, on behalf of our clients, as often as necessary.
HOW TO FILE A COMPLAINT
8. To file a complaint with Del concerning the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information, please send an email to the Privacy Officer at Del at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 416-296-7368.
All complaints will be investigated by the Del Privacy Officer as soon as is practical in the circumstances. Individuals will be notified of the outcome of the investigation of complaints clearly and promptly and will be notified of any relevant steps taken or to be taken as a result of a complaint.
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
9. Any comments or questions about this
By mail: Del Condominium Rentals Inc.
4800 Dufferin Street,
Toronto, Ontario M3H 5S9
Attention: Privacy Officer
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 416-296-7368
THE CHOICE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR
TO RECEIVE CERTAIN INFORMATION AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
10. Individuals always have the choice whether or not they wish to supply Del with personal information. Individuals who object to the collection, use and disclosure policies as provided under this Privacy Statement, are asked to contact the Privacy Officer at Del by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-296-7368. Individuals who have business with Del are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement or in any agreement between such individuals and Del, may, in certain instances, limit their ability to retain the services of Del, or to rent residential units managed by Del. Individuals are reminded that the decision to withhold personal information or to object to the use and/or disclosure of personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement may limit their ability to access or take advantage of certain promotions and features.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF STATEMENT
11. This Statement has been adopted by Del as of January 1, 2005. Revisions to the Statement will be posted on www.delrentals.com as soon as practical.